The Michelangelo Of Your Life

A magnificent piece of marble

I´m sure you have heard of Michelangelo but if you haven’t he was one of histories greatest sculptures born in Italy in the 15th Century in a small town called Caprese. Even though he did several great sculptures perhaps he is most famous for the David sculpture made in marble.

It is said that Michelangelo saw a picture of the sculpture he was going to make in the big blocks of marble and all he had to do was carve away the pieces that didn’t fit his picture.

Let’s use that metaphor in your life. Imagine your life as a big block of marble. Containing all the things that you want in life and all you have to do is to cut off the pieces that don’t fit. What would you take away?

Or more importantly – what would remain? 

And what tools would you use?

Clarity is power.

Great teachers like Tony Robbins, Bob Proctor, Napoleon Hill, etc claim the same thing – You have to clear on what you want in every detail & write it down.

A study on goalsetting conducted by Harvard Business school asked one question prior to graduation: Have you set written goals and created a plan for their attainment?

  • 84% of the entire class had set no goals at all
  • 13% of the class had set written goals but had no concrete plans
  • 3% of the class had both written goals and concrete plans

The results?

10 years later, the 13% of the class that had set written goals but had not created plans, were making twice as much money as the 84% of the class that had set no goals at all.

However, 3% of the class that had both written goals and a plan, were making ten times as much as the rest of the 97% of the class.

Too significant to ignore – don’t you think?

One remark – the plan does not have to be perfect, in fact, it won’t be as it will change over time. As Zig Ziglar says “You don’t have to be great to start – but you have to start to be great“.

Inspired Action

Once you have a clear target and a plan to start the tools will appear. It may be in the form of an idea, an intuition, a person, a commercial, a blog post, or anything else. When it appears it is important that you act upon it. This is called an inspired action.

Realize that the Michelangelo of your life is YOU and the David you are sculpting is YOU. Find the tools necessary for you to sculpture the most magnificent piece of art possible. A piece of art – like David is remembered throughout history.

One tool that I acted upon came in the form of a video with Stuart Ross from SFM. This tool has allowed me to start sculpting my David. Will it do the same for you? Click here to find out.  

Live with KARMA


Co-founder, UnlimitedKarma

Who Are UnlimitedKarma?

Leave a Comment