You are not your mind!…
“I’ve had thousands of problems in my life, most of which never actually happened” –
The last day of year 2019. A day most people reflect on the year that has gone and makes wishes and resulotions for the next. Whatever struggle or whatever joy that we have had this year, it is over. All that remains is the memory. Every day is a new day with new seconds to spend. I am going to give you a great tip for this year´s resolution – be grateful for what you already have, be bould about what you want to achieve and promise yourself that you will live every day to the most of your abilities.
It doesn’t mean that you have to do something significant or world changing every day, even though I know that you can, it means that you will be present every day. Life is a gift. Life is a present. Don’t take it for granted, be grateful for what you have and make the most of it.
“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a GIFT. That is why it is called the PRESENT”.
Don’t worry about things that has never happened, nor might ever will!
Be 10 times boulder http://unlimitedkarma.com/resolution-be-10-times-boulder/
In our family, on this day, we have a tradition. Every year me, my husband and our two children sit down and dream together. We write down what our wishes and goals are for the year to come and we put these notes in an envelope to be opened a year from now.
This is so much fun. Yesterday, we opened the envelope from last year and it was a great moment. Not all of the things we written down and put in the envelopes had realized, some had, some had not. Therefore, this year we will also add a few pieces to the tradition to increase the likelihood of realizing our goals. First thing we will do is to make a wishboard to hang on the wall where we can see it on a daily basis.
Of course, we all have different goals and dreams, but one thing that we share is that we love to travel and therefore we have also bought 4 picture frames where we will put pictures of our 4 next trips. These pictures we will put over the TV in the livingroom so that everytime we watch TV together we can also see them and visualize the experiences.
The main reasons why we do this is:
- What we focus on expand. Visualization is one of the most powerful mind exercises you can do, and it has been scientifically proved that it works. Olympic athletes have been using it for decades to improve performance.
- It gets us to dream, without limitations, what we want to experience, both as individuals and as a family. And it creates a really nice atmosphere and time together.
What you’ll need:
- Any kind of board, if you’re new maybe start with a cork board or poster board from the hardware store, they run about a dollar. If you can, I recommend a pin board or something pretty you like to look at — I got my 24×24″ white wood framed pin board on Etsy.
- Scissors, tape, pins, and/or a glue-stick to put your board together.
- If you want, fun markers, stickers, or anything else you can think of to deck out your board. I don’t use that stuff, but if embellishments make you feel great, then go for it.
- Magazines that you can cut images and quotes from.
- Most importantly, the stuff you want to look at every day. Photos, quotes, sayings, images of places you want to go, reminders of events, places, or people, postcards from friends and just about anything that will inspire you.
- Give yourself a stress-free hour or two to put your board together.
Thank you for reading our blogpost and we hope you´ll join us also next year. Follow us on
Live with KARMA
Co-founder, UnlimitedKarmaWho are we?